Since I've graduated from college, I've exactly gotten a job. Haven't been looking either. So here's some of what I've been up to recently!!

Chalkboard Coasters


This serves the basic function of wine charms and all that froofy stuff. But I saw this on another VERY awesome craft blog: Shrimp Salad Circus
And they are super easy to do!

But then I thought 'if you use these, you need chalk nearby and chalk is messy...'
And so... I made a coaster holder!

Cute, no? How did I do it? Lots of measuring, no lie! I poked around on the internet looking at other holders and I noted features I liked. While this too is made out of cork, it's also chalkboard. I LOVE chalkboard paint. If you see more random things painted chalkboard you know why...

Secret Jewelry Box
I also saw this and HAD to do it. SO cool. Basically take a shadow box (one where the front opens) and put a picture against the glass. At a glance it looks like just a picture:


But when you open it... secret compartment!

Now I haven't had a chance to hang jewelry in it, but still! Fun!

And last, but certainly not least...
Lady Gaga inspired shoes!
Now with this blog I am trying to keep it to book and film inspired things (obviously not with this post) but music is also something incredibly important to me. I love classic rock and appreciate everything from the 40s up. But I also love me some glam pop Lady Gaga. So sue me.

About 8 hours. 700 rhinestones. And more nail glue than one should breathe... I present to you...


Awesome sauce.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topics... VERY soon, I will be posting a blog about this INSANE craft I'm working on for Maggie Stiefvater's Linger book tour. I'm very excited. The signing is on Thursday and I'll be debuting the work there and after that, expect not only a new blog, but my first GIVEAWAY!!!!! :O