I haven't blogged in ages and here's why: I've been reading and working. Since the later is boring, I'm going to blog about the former.
For quite sometime now books have been reproducing on my shelves. I don't know how they get there, they just do. Strangely enough, money has been disappearing from my bank account. I suspect the two are linked.

Anyway, with all of these books lying around, I feel like such a cheat. All these books, so few of them read. Now I KNOW I am not the only person with this problem, am I? Yeah, that's right admit it. It's okay, we're all mad here!

Now! How to solve this problem? I came up with an EPIC solution. The To Read Lottery.
First, I separated out stand alones and series books (unless the series was less than two books out). Why? Because series are a bigger time/ money commitment and I wanted to get stand alones knocked out before I started on the bigger ones.

So, I opened Excel (neeeeeerrrddd...) and created a spreadsheet with all the titles alphabetically and then assigned all the titles a number 1-39. Then I go on trusty Twitter and ask for random numbers 1-39. First come, first assigned. Easy!
The only exceptions are for events, signings, etc. and new neurotic purchases are added in. As numbers are crossed off, they are renumbered for repicking.

The first drawing was:
#1 - The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
#2 - The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
#3 - The Demon's Lexicon (followed by Demon's Covenant) by Sarah Rees Brennan
#4 - Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Ultimately I'd also like to read 100 books. I'm already 10 in and on my 11th! Win!

I'll post when I do my next drawing! Maybe it'll be paired with a contest...